We offer facilities with analytical techniques that cover all that can be measured as suspensions, emulsions and colloids. We are committed to delivering the highest levels of quality of service to our clients across the vast variety of sectors (including materials, powder processing, chemicals and speciality industry sectors such as food industry, fuels, polymers, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, water analysis etc.)
- The CPS Disc Centrifuge is a reliable analytical tool for extremely high resolution down to ~2.0nm in size. The DCS instrumentation used for these analyses is a CPS Disc Centrifuge 24000 where a dispersed sample is spun at a speed of 24000 r.p.m. in a gradient solution before the particles take to settle partly as a function of their size.
- Complementary technique: SEM (Scanning Electron Microscopy) using a FEI Nova NanoSEM 450 instrument with its STEM detectors and versatile SE/BSE filtering capabiliti
- Elemental analysis: high temperature/pressure digestion and determination of the elemental content by inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (ICP-MS) or inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES).
- Particle concentration, particle size distribution and elemental composition: single particle inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (sp ICP-MS)
Nano aerosol exposure assessment in occupational settings
- Source identification
- Determination of worker exposure in occupational settings
- Contribution to safe innovation (Exposure scenario's, exposure Measurements, Risk Management Measures)
- Implement Control Banding Tools